Thread: Interesting Playlist Issue

Default Interesting Playlist Issue

So I have some playlists based upon frame width, as an example, to determine which movies are SD movies (frame width less than 700px).

I have replaced some of those movies with their 1080p counterparts, however, the playlist based on on the above, does not purge out the old entry from the custom playlist based on size. If I manually delete the file from the playlist, it goes away, however, if I delete one that is supposed to be there, and then re-run maintenance, it doesn't add it back to the playlist, so I suspect that there is something going on.

Is there another scan that I need to be doing to re-populate the playlist correctly?

Thank you.

Nevermind. I was being impatient. I got it squared away.

A "nice to have" would be to only update the playlist that you select "Maintain Playlist" on when you are maintaining a specific playlist to repopulate it, instead of having to wait for it to update them all.

Quote Originally Posted by ftanner View Post
    Nevermind. I was being impatient. I got it squared away.

A "nice to have" would be to only update the playlist that you select "Maintain Playlist" on when you are maintaining a specific playlist to repopulate it, instead of having to wait for it to update them all.
    You can right click on a playlist and just do maintenance on it vs. the entire Mezzmo database. You also have options when you do maintenance that can impact what gets updated. I select Update Media properties and Only add new items. I disable update all attributes.
    Last edited by jbinkley60; 12-18-2016 at 08:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jbinkley60 View Post
    You can right click on a playlist and just do maintenance on it vs. the entire Mezzmo database. You also have options when you do maintenance that can impact what gets updated. I select Update Media properties and Only add new items. I disable update all attributes.
    Yes, I know that. And when you maintain just one playlist it still goes through the "Processing Active Playlists" for all of the playlists after doing the maintenance on the one playlist. Since you didn't do maintenance on all of the playlists, there's no need for it to process them all, yet it does. That would be the nice to have.

Just to explain: Processing active playlists is triggered when there are changes to files detected. When Mezzmo detects a new file or a new attribute for a file during maintenance (whether you are maintaining a single file, a selection of files, a playlist, a folder or your whole library), then this triggers that active playlists need to be updated as well. For example, if a new file is detected whilst you are maintaining a folder, then this new file will need to be added to the appropriate active playlists such as Genre, Movies, etc. This active playlist processing happens automatically within Mezzmo. Whilst you see Mezzmo processing active playlists, you can stream your files without any problems. You do not need to wait for it to complete.

Mezzmo Android: Install it on your tablet, smartphone, Android TV or Amazon Fire to browse and stream files from your Mezzmo library to all your devices. Full details at http://www.conceiva.com/products/mez...mo_android.asp
    Mezzmo for Kodi Add-on: Install it into Kodi to stream files from your Mezzmo library directly in Kodi. Full details at http://www.mezzmo.com/wiki/doku.php?...odi_user_guide
    Mezzmo for Roku App: Install it onto your Roku to stream files from your Mezzmo library. Full details at http://www.mezzmo.com/wiki/doku.php?...oku_user_guide
    Wiki: User Guides & Reference Manual at http://www.mezzmo.com/wiki
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Mezzmo.DLNA.Server
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/conceiva_mezzmo
    Web: http://www.mezzmo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Just to explain: Processing active playlists is triggered when there are changes to files detected. When Mezzmo detects a new file or a new attribute for a file during maintenance (whether you are maintaining a single file, a selection of files, a playlist, a folder or your whole library), then this triggers that active playlists need to be updated as well. For example, if a new file is detected whilst you are maintaining a folder, then this new file will need to be added to the appropriate active playlists such as Genre, Movies, etc. This active playlist processing happens automatically within Mezzmo. Whilst you see Mezzmo processing active playlists, you can stream your files without any problems. You do not need to wait for it to complete.
    Actually, yes, I do need to wait for it to complete, as I discovered....

If you do not wait for it to complete, all of the playlists that you performed maintenance on are not updated.

As an example:

I replaced a bunch of standard def movies in a standard def playlist (defined by screen width) with their high def counterparts. Understandably, the movies were still listed in there. I had to manually delete the replaced movies from the playlist (a maintenance didn't remove them which I semi-get). I "cheated, and deleted them all and had the maintenance "rebuild" the playlist. After the maintenance completed the remaining standard def movies did not re-populate in the playlist until the "processing active playlists" had completed. Then it repopulated. That is what led to the original post in this thread and my statement that I got impatient.

As such, it seems like it would make more sense if it "processed" the playlist that you actually updated instead of all of them.