Thread: Time Limits

Default Time Limits

Hi a LONG time ago i ask a question about adding a time limit for devices (eg a bed time limit) what i mean is our 4 kids all of different ages have different bed times i know for a fact our oldest is still watching her tv after her bed time . I know i can stop her stream by just denying her device access this will cut her stream BUT i really want a way to set the time limit on her device in the device manager so it will cut streams and deny access. I know there is one in there BUT that only deny access to higher ratings in that time limit but i want to disable her device intill the right time comes around is this still going to be a addon ? PLEASE PLEASE ill pay you to add it lol i so need this so i don't have to check every night

thanks
    Last edited by stewart; 12-23-2016 at 01:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stewart View Post
    Hi a LONG time ago i ask a question about adding a time limit for devices (eg a bed time limit) what i mean is our 4 kids all of different ages have different bed times i know for a fact our oldest is still watching her tv after her bed time . I know i can stop her stream by just denying her device access this will cut her stream BUT i really want a way to set the time limit on her device in the device manager so it will cut streams and deny access. I know there is one in there BUT that only deny access to higher ratings in that time limit but i want to disable her device intill the right time comes around is this still going to be a addon ? PLEASE PLEASE ill pay you to add it lol i so need this so i don't have to check every night

thanks
    If you look under the Content Rating tab for the device they are using (Media Devices) there is an option for setting the start/stop time for allowing streaming. I think that is what you want.

if you are talking about the limit streaming between these times button that only limits the rating of there device between thoses times and anything after that will play all ratings. Unless there has been a update that has changed that setting to start/stop streams compleaty

Quote Originally Posted by stewart View Post
    if you are talking about the limit streaming between these times button that only limits the rating of there device between thoses times and anything after that will play all ratings. Unless there has been a update that has changed that setting to start/stop streams compleaty
    That is what I was talking about. If you set the content rating to G for their device and then set the time you don't want them to view videos I think this might work, except possibly for unrated content which you'd need to add a content rating.

Quote Originally Posted by jbinkley60 View Post
    That is what I was talking about. If you set the content rating to G for their device and then set the time you don't want them to view videos I think this might work, except possibly for unrated content which you'd need to add a content rating.
    no this just means they and not watch outside of there ratings between the times but after that it will unlock r ratings and all can be viewd i will try again but thats how it was a wile ago unless they changed how it works

Ok, I see your point especially if you are trying to do both where you to limit rating by time of day and overall access by time of day. The way I read the help file originally on content ratings was the rating was equal to or above the rating would be limited but what I see is that they translate that to age and with things like G and other having a none for age then that won't work. I was even thinking that you could create your own defined content rating, which I have done, and set your own age limit say 1 year which would catch everything for a full time of day block but I think the none logic of G and such would equate to 0 and it would still stream those files anyway. I am traveling right now and can''t try this to test. A brute force approach would be to create a new content and then apply it to your files but that would likely create other issues. Your time of day request seems to be the solution.

yea i only really need the stop/start time limit as all our kids are different ages have there own tvs/media players and have different bed times but it would be good to have both i have had a fue media server software BUT yours if far far better that all i have tried BUT every other software i have had has the time lock in it. It would be really good to be able to automatically cut streams and deny access to the device once outside of the time limits for that device and then it allow again once inside the time limits
    Last edited by stewart; 12-26-2016 at 09:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jbinkley60 View Post
    Ok, I see your point especially if you are trying to do both where you to limit rating by time of day and overall access by time of day. The way I read the help file originally on content ratings was the rating was equal to or above the rating would be limited but what I see is that they translate that to age and with things like G and other having a none for age then that won't work. I was even thinking that you could create your own defined content rating, which I have done, and set your own age limit say 1 year which would catch everything for a full time of day block but I think the none logic of G and such would equate to 0 and it would still stream those files anyway. I am traveling right now and can''t try this to test. A brute force approach would be to create a new content and then apply it to your files but that would likely create other issues. Your time of day request seems to be the solution.
    yes i guess you could do something like that BUT this will mean you will have to change the ratings at day time and night time. It really wants to be fully automatic and just a simple deny and access between a time scale for the devices would be very good because no parent wants to be monitoring there kids tv every night to see if they are watching movies and stuff.

thanks for all comments - we will add the time limit to the our wish list in some future updates.

Mezzmo Android: Install it on your tablet, smartphone, Android TV or Amazon Fire to browse and stream files from your Mezzmo library to all your devices. Full details at http://www.conceiva.com/products/mez...mo_android.asp
    Mezzmo for Kodi Add-on: Install it into Kodi to stream files from your Mezzmo library directly in Kodi. Full details at http://www.mezzmo.com/wiki/doku.php?...odi_user_guide
    Mezzmo for Roku App: Install it onto your Roku to stream files from your Mezzmo library. Full details at http://www.mezzmo.com/wiki/doku.php?...oku_user_guide
    Wiki: User Guides & Reference Manual at http://www.mezzmo.com/wiki
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Mezzmo.DLNA.Server
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/conceiva_mezzmo
    Web: http://www.mezzmo.com

thanks hope to see it soon i really need this