We use Mezzmo (currently 5.0.5.0) running on a Windows 7 machine as a home media server. We just acquired a Fire TV with the standard voice remote, which is installed in my housemate’s room, and put the Mezzmo app on it.

I’m a bit uncertain about a few things... and she has minimal patience for things that don’t “just work” as I tell her they will.

1. Under exactly what conditions will Mezzmo stop when it is done playing a video, as opposed to proceeding automatically to the next video in the playlist? She almost never wants it to play the next video automatically; so I want to be able to tell her, clearly, start the video this way (use the center-of-the-circle select button, use the play/pause button, whatever) and it will stop when the video is done and wait for you to tell it what to do next.

2. Is there an explanation somewhere of what the remote buttons do on each screen? The wiki information appears to be written with touch screen users in mind.

3. The wiki says the Mezzmo app’s built-in video player includes Excellent file format support; but it doesn’t say what that file support actually is. I prefer not to enable server transcoding—I transcode files on my computer, if necessary, before copying them to our server, so I can control the parameters. I’d like to know exactly what are the target requirements for video playing through the Mezzmo app on a second generation Amazon Fire TV (box, not stick).

4. Is it possible to use the voice feature of the remote to search within the Mezzmo library?

5. She almost always has her Windows 8.1 laptop readily available, connected wirelessly to the same network to which the Fire TV and the computer running the Mezzmo server are wired. If she looks through the web interface to the Mezzmo server and finds something she wants to play there, can she use the web interface to direct the Fire TV to play it (rather than having it play on the laptop... similar to the way I gather Mezzmo on a cell phone can choose a media item but direct a different device to render it)?