Thread: PLEASE HELP! - Mezzmomediaservice.txt log file is huge! 8Gb

Default PLEASE HELP! - Mezzmomediaservice.txt log file is huge! 8Gb

Hi all, first post here, please be gentle !

I'm trialling Mezzmo for the first time, installed on Windows Home Server SP2. I installed 2 days ago and have trialled playback on a DLNA TV once.

My media library is on D:\ which is a 2.5Tb pool of 3 drives, with 1Tb of free space. Media library is 738Gb, about 34,000 files.

My OS partition is 20Gb which is ample under normal circumstances...

Immediately after install I moved the Temporary Files location to a folder on D:\

Today I saw Free Space errors on C:\ and went looking. Mezzmomediaservice.txt is over 8Gb in size and growing, and is being written to

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Application Data\Conceiva\Logs\MezzmoMediaServer.exe

also, the .db files were created in

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Application Data\Conceiva\Mezzmo

and are being updated there and not on D:\

I guess can turn off logging to prevent the Mezzmomediaservice.txt file getting any bigger, but why on earth would it be so huge after just 2 days and why isn't it being written to the folder I specced on D:\ ?

I'm new to Mezzmo so I would well have missed something obvious.

Any advice much appreciated! Thank you

Logging is only meant to be enabled temporarily for troubleshooting. It dumps virtually every single UPNP packet that is being generated/received to a file. You should keep logging disabled, and only turn it on for short periods of time when trying to troubleshoot a specific issue.

Thank you, I must have enabled logging in error when setting up.