Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Philips TV no longer being streamed to?

  1. #1

    Default Philips TV no longer being streamed to?

    Biggest reason I got Mezzmo is one of my TVs is Philips. Unfortunately, Philips has just about the worst DNLA integration, but Mezzmo makes it work (good work Mezzmo!). Found out today after doing a system restore that it's not streaming to it anymore. I just see a 716 Error message at the bottom left side of the program. I tested to see if it could stream to my phone and it did, but any idea what the 716 error means? I searched and couldn't find anything on it.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,994

    Default

    Hi,
    the 716 error is 'resource not found' so this indicates that the TV is trying to contact the Mezzmo server for the file and is either timing out or is getting a 404 file not found. In the logs you sent us it does not show a request for the file so possibly your Firewall is blocking the request or something else on the network is blocking the request, please try temporarily disabling your firewall to see if the file plays and if it still gives the 716 try powering your router off then on again.

    Mezzmo Android: Install it on your tablet, smartphone, Android TV or Amazon Fire to browse and stream files from your Mezzmo library to all your devices. Full details at http://www.conceiva.com/products/mez...mo_android.asp
    Mezzmo for Kodi Add-on: Install it into Kodi to stream files from your Mezzmo library directly in Kodi. Full details at http://www.mezzmo.com/wiki/doku.php?...odi_user_guide
    Mezzmo for Roku App: Install it onto your Roku to stream files from your Mezzmo library. Full details at http://www.mezzmo.com/wiki/doku.php?...oku_user_guide
    Wiki: User Guides & Reference Manual at http://www.mezzmo.com/wiki
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Mezzmo.DLNA.Server
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/conceiva_mezzmo
    Web: http://www.mezzmo.com

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Hi,
    the 716 error is 'resource not found' so this indicates that the TV is trying to contact the Mezzmo server for the file and is either timing out or is getting a 404 file not found. In the logs you sent us it does not show a request for the file so possibly your Firewall is blocking the request or something else on the network is blocking the request, please try temporarily disabling your firewall to see if the file plays and if it still gives the 716 try powering your router off then on again.
    That's odd. I did both suggestions and still nothing. I did recently recover my computer. Could that have changed a setting? Mezzmo was not part of the recovery so it was installed all over again. Any other method to try?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,994

    Default

    The recovery of the computer could have changed something, try going to 'Media Server Settings' in Mezzmo and change the port for the Mezzmo server from 53168 to 53169 to see if this helps.

    Mezzmo Android: Install it on your tablet, smartphone, Android TV or Amazon Fire to browse and stream files from your Mezzmo library to all your devices. Full details at http://www.conceiva.com/products/mez...mo_android.asp
    Mezzmo for Kodi Add-on: Install it into Kodi to stream files from your Mezzmo library directly in Kodi. Full details at http://www.mezzmo.com/wiki/doku.php?...odi_user_guide
    Mezzmo for Roku App: Install it onto your Roku to stream files from your Mezzmo library. Full details at http://www.mezzmo.com/wiki/doku.php?...oku_user_guide
    Wiki: User Guides & Reference Manual at http://www.mezzmo.com/wiki
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Mezzmo.DLNA.Server
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/conceiva_mezzmo
    Web: http://www.mezzmo.com

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    The recovery of the computer could have changed something, try going to 'Media Server Settings' in Mezzmo and change the port for the Mezzmo server from 53168 to 53169 to see if this helps.
    Nope didn't work either. When changing the port I allowed access, but still nothing. I tried without firewalls (both off on the router and windows). The message it gives is instant, but you're saying Mezzmo pings my TV, but the TV somehow never reaches back to Mezzmo?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,994

    Default

    I had another look at your logs and there is a media server running on your router that is sending a lot of UPnP traffic across the network and this may be flooding the device, can you please try disabling this server on the router to see if this helps?

    In the logs there are no requests from devices on the network for the Mezzmo description document so this indicates that the server port is not accessible by the devices.

    Mezzmo Android: Install it on your tablet, smartphone, Android TV or Amazon Fire to browse and stream files from your Mezzmo library to all your devices. Full details at http://www.conceiva.com/products/mez...mo_android.asp
    Mezzmo for Kodi Add-on: Install it into Kodi to stream files from your Mezzmo library directly in Kodi. Full details at http://www.mezzmo.com/wiki/doku.php?...odi_user_guide
    Mezzmo for Roku App: Install it onto your Roku to stream files from your Mezzmo library. Full details at http://www.mezzmo.com/wiki/doku.php?...oku_user_guide
    Wiki: User Guides & Reference Manual at http://www.mezzmo.com/wiki
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Mezzmo.DLNA.Server
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/conceiva_mezzmo
    Web: http://www.mezzmo.com

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I had another look at your logs and there is a media server running on your router that is sending a lot of UPnP traffic across the network and this may be flooding the device, can you please try disabling this server on the router to see if this helps?

    In the logs there are no requests from devices on the network for the Mezzmo description document so this indicates that the server port is not accessible by the devices.
    I turned off other wifi devices and no result.

    I tried to see if Mezzmo will stream to my phone and it did that, so I don't think it could be interfering traffic. I also tested streaming to a Chromecast device and it worked fine there. If it's device specific to a Philips TV using DLNA (and I'm sure you guys know what a nightmare it was to make it work for that TV since their forums mention how questionable their DLNA is) could you think of what either is missing on the TV's side or my PC's side? I uninstalled Mezzmo too and cleared everything to see if reinstalling it worked, but nothing came of it. Any other ideas?

  8. #8

    Default

    So this is odd.

    I enabled Windows Media Streaming just to see if it would work on the TV. Now it won't stream (WM never could stream to this TV before), BUT it does switch to that DLNA mode and it at least ATTEMPTS to play the file before throwing out an error. Has any recent update to Mezzmo taken place by chance that could have messed with these settings it used to have for Philips TVs?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,994

    Default

    There have been no recent changes that would affect the Philips TV. We have several Philips device profiles so possibly you were using a different profile previously than the Philips BDP profile that you are currently using, please try going to 'Media Devices' then double-click the device and change the profile to Philips TV (2009 Models) to see if this works. If it does not please try each of the other Philips TV profiles to see if one of these works.

    The logs showed the file was being streamed as an mkv file so possibly this is not supported and is causing the 716 error.

    Mezzmo Android: Install it on your tablet, smartphone, Android TV or Amazon Fire to browse and stream files from your Mezzmo library to all your devices. Full details at http://www.conceiva.com/products/mez...mo_android.asp
    Mezzmo for Kodi Add-on: Install it into Kodi to stream files from your Mezzmo library directly in Kodi. Full details at http://www.mezzmo.com/wiki/doku.php?...odi_user_guide
    Mezzmo for Roku App: Install it onto your Roku to stream files from your Mezzmo library. Full details at http://www.mezzmo.com/wiki/doku.php?...oku_user_guide
    Wiki: User Guides & Reference Manual at http://www.mezzmo.com/wiki
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Mezzmo.DLNA.Server
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/conceiva_mezzmo
    Web: http://www.mezzmo.com

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    There have been no recent changes that would affect the Philips TV. We have several Philips device profiles so possibly you were using a different profile previously than the Philips BDP profile that you are currently using, please try going to 'Media Devices' then double-click the device and change the profile to Philips TV (2009 Models) to see if this works. If it does not please try each of the other Philips TV profiles to see if one of these works.

    The logs showed the file was being streamed as an mkv file so possibly this is not supported and is causing the 716 error.
    That can't be right. 1 its supposed to transcode so it shouldn't be trying to transcode in an unsupported format. 2 the TV should at least respond to trying to stream. By that, I mean go to the screen as if it's about to stream the file and then throw out an error. 3 I tried several file (many of which it transcoded/streamed before) and even files that used to play do not.

    I'm going to try using a trial version on a different PC and see if that works

    UPDATE: Even on a different computer I get the same error code.


    Any chance you could provide old models of the program to try?
    Last edited by Phenomenon101; 01-23-2017 at 01:22 PM.

Similar Threads

  1. No longer able to add new files to Mezzmo
    By Whimick in forum Mezzmo Questions and Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-11-2013, 07:48 AM
  2. Youtube video streamed from direct link.
    By purenoise in forum Mezzmo Questions and Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-19-2013, 07:08 AM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-06-2012, 06:50 AM
  4. Thumbnails no longer showing up on PS3
    By smitbret in forum Mezzmo Questions and Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-22-2011, 03:29 PM
  5. Samsung B and MP4 files - has anyone streamed one?
    By Dillster in forum Mezzmo Questions and Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-03-2010, 08:27 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •