Thread: How do I move Blu Ray movies to Mezzmo

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by icorrie View Post
    1) MakeMKV to rip the disc.
    2) Optional - re-encode any DTS tracks to AC3 (preserving originals) if your devices don;t play DTS natively and you don't want to re-encode.
    3) Re-encode video with handbrake. I have adopted HEVC personally.
    4) Any subtitle processing you need to perform so they are supported by endpoints. Recombine in MKV merge.
    5) Archive.
    For the time being, I've decided to hold off on working over the blu rays.

I'm embarrassed to admit that I still have about 200 ancient VHS movies. I threw away about 400 VHS movies last summer, but hung on to about 200 that are either hard to find on DVD or too expensive to upgrade, but that me and the kids might still enjoy. For example, is it really worth $12 to get Gamera VS Zigra or the 1975 Zorro on DVD? The VHS collection was taking up valuable shelf space that could be used for my Blu Rays, so I bought a capture device and I'm converting them to MP4 and tossing them out.

While capturing VHS, I've found that I can rip about 25 DVD titles a week. At that current rate, it will take about ten months to get through the entire DVD collection of movies and TV shows.

Some blu rays are a snap to rip, others get to be very time consuming. I'm taking everyone's suggestions to heart, but I'm ripping very few blu rays right now.

When I've finished with all the DVD's (almost a year away!) I'll follow the suggestions in this thread for getting the right playlist, or I will buy AnyDVD and every accessory package that comes with it. I'll work on the Children's titles that I couldn't get right the first time, then I'll work on all the other blu rays in my collection.
    Last edited by Narnian; 02-10-2017 at 10:31 AM.