Alright, feel dumb... but I may have solved some of this. Checked my IP address in iphone to make sure it did not change and it had. So when I was trying to make changes to the video file in Mezzmo under transcode tab for what I thought was the correct media device, it was not taking it because it was not the actual device's IP so figured that out. I'm not sure why that randomly changed since that was the LAN assigned from the WIFI router and does not ever seem to change.
Now, I was able to get the videos in question playing wide aspect to work with "original file" as expected. So...

I have numerous .MOV files and some play wide and some do not. Would you recommend I delete all transcoded files for this iphone device and start over? Also, If I leave my iphone setting under media devices - transcode - to not transcribe files, will it then start to have trouble playing other files I have (ie MTS and MP4). Would it be best to go into each individual .MOV file that is playing wide and tell it to play "original file" vs delete all transcode files?