Thread: Metadata for Home Movies

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Metadata for Home Movies

I want to create an Active Playlist for my Home Movies, but can't find any help online to input metadata in bulk.

I can get Mezzmo to populate the Category with "Home movie" during import and maintenance of the database. But I can't find any way of populating any other field during import / maintenance. I can currently only give a movie metadata by manually editing its properties within the database.

Is there any quicker method than editing each movie individually - by using nfo files or similar? (I've tried every variation of nfo file that I can think of).

Thanks. I'll go there now.

Quote Originally Posted by SolihullRog View Post
    I can get Mezzmo to populate the Category with "Home movie" during import and maintenance of the database. But I can't find any way of populating any other field during import / maintenance. I can currently only give a movie metadata by manually editing its properties within the database.
    I am coming to this conversation late and hope you can help. How did you accomplish this task? When I try to maintain the File Type/MP4 play list, I see no option to populate the Category based on file type.

Also, how does one generate an NFO file? Unless there is some software somewhere for this, it appears manually entering in Mezzmo (Windows) the release date and year for the Home Movie category will be faster. I was able to get the Release Date and Year for most but not all of my home videos by deselecting the "Get text metadata from file path" option. However, any "Home movie" categorization I had for the files disappeared.

Best,
    Bob

Download Tiny Media Manager (http://www.tinymediamanager.org/). That will allow you to generate the NFO file.