I've tried both Media Info 2 and Media Info 3. No joy. I get great text metadata, but the folder images are grainy (even though they are high res stored on the server) and in Media Info 3, I don't get any backdrop artwork other than the Jarvis default, a perspective of a row of theater seats. It doesn't matter what I set the backdrop to inside of Mezzmo, and Mezzmo has no way to configure backdrops for individual bits of content - only for playlists.

The Mezzmo Add-On wiki page says that it allows you to "View all text metadata, poster and backdrop artwork for movies." but it doesn't seem that backdrops work. I'm not averse to cobbling together my own RP3, but I'm not sure what I can support with one.

The overall goal here is to eventually cut the cord - whatever I do, I want it to do live tv streams, Netflix, Amazon, Vudu... The list goes on a long way. The hardware isn't really the limitation, it's the firmware the vendor has on the box (as far as the sound goes), but I'm OK with Jarvis - I just want Mezzmo to send backdrops, and have them display where it appears that they should. Once I can get that moving, then I can decide on the vNext. I've been experimenting with the Windows version of Kodi as well; it exhibits the same behavior. I *suspect* that if I had Kodi index the content as a file share, it would go scrape themoviedb and thetvdb it would display backdrops/fanart. But since I am connected to Mezzmo, it only gets what Mezzmo serves.

I'm wondering if there is a naming convention I'm supposed to be using or something.