I have all of my music ripped to my hard drive in both lossless WAV and high-bitrate mp3 (256kbps). I can use Mezzmo to stream the mp3 files to my Onkyo TX-NR717 network DLNA-capable receiver with no problem, and with all info - album covers, track titles, artist, timings - intact and displayed on both the front of the receiver and the TV screen. But when I try to play WAV files, the receiver posts a warning - "CANNOT PLAY!" and moves to the next WAV track and does the same thing. I never had problems streaming WAV to the Onkyo with WMP 12, which also showed all album pics and info, but now WMP 12, which I used to love because it streamed all of my music exactly as it is organized on my HDD (which Mezzmo also does), is FUBAR since the Windows 10 upgrade, because now it streams all album tracks in alphabetical order instead of track order (for example, the first track streamed from "Dark Side of the Moon" is "Any Color You Like", not the actual first track on the CD, which is "Speak To Me"), which is ridiculous beyond words. I can also stream WAV files with Foobar2000, but it does not display album art for WAV files like WMP did, and remote control functions are severely limited.
I am using the Onkyo device profile, and the general profile for NTSC devices does not work at all. Funny thing is, when I stream WAV files using Mezzmo to my Sony BDP-S590 Blu-ray player, it plays them perfectly, although Sony only shows the track title and timings no matter what the audio format - no album art or artist info. I just can't figure out what's wrong, because I really like Mezzmo, but I can't buy the Pro version if it won't stream WAV files.
Does anyone else have the same problem and possibly a solution. I don't even care about streaming video; music is all I am concerned with.