Thread: transcoding issue, control. DMR

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default transcoding issue, control. DMR

So I recently broke my one of tv boxes ( plugged a 12v plug accidentally into the power port :.....( ) , so for the time being I had to revert to a cheap Chinese HDMI tv stick DMR renderer based on android 4.4 lollipop, and for some reason it will only play files in MKV container format messing with mezzmo changing the device profile ..etc I could never get it to transcode to mkv or any format automatically .., and using the "Play to" option in the pc software seems to do nothing on this device (I was watching logcat and it might be causing a crash )
    Edit : sometimes Play to works sometimes not, strange
    F/libc ( 6419): *** vsprintf buffer overflow detected ***
    F/libc ( 6419): Fatal signal 11 (SIGSEGV) at 0xdeadbaad (code=1), thread 6430 (NetDect)
    D/lollipop_p2p( 290): has IP===1
    I/DEBUG ( 53): *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** ***
    I/DEBUG ( 53): Build fingerprint: 'rk2928sdk/rk2928sdk/rk2928sdk:4.2/JOP40C/eng.builder.20160421.010859:eng/test-keys'
    (then a bunch of stacktrace code)
    anyways I have to use BubbleUPNP on my phone to play a movie from the mezzmo server to the hdmi stick, but again only mkv files will play everything else will attempt to play then quit.

oddly no matter what profile I set it to under the hdmi stick IP didn't actually effect the device, so eventually I tried to change the profile under the phone device I was using that has bubbleupnp on it and I saw it start to transcode the files, but since I use this phone for several players around the house I can't have it tied to a transcoding profile am I doing something wrong I usually try to avoid transcoding but with this hdmi stick I have no choice..

shouldn't the profile be tied to player and not the control device?

edit:
    ok I think I can see the technical restraints since it's browsing as the phone device so it will get the phone device profile, it has no way to know it will be playing the movie on X device and to load x profile, unless the mediaserver can intercept the command and override the playback config params, this might be a hard problem to solve though.
    Last edited by odin; 05-09-2017 at 10:36 PM.