Hi all,

Hope someone can help with this. I setup Mezzmo for a non-techy friend and after running fine for months there is now a problem where the Mezzmo server will disappear from the list of available servers on his TV. The simple fix I found was to go to the Mezzmo PC and Stop then Restart the Mezzmo Server. Back at the TV, Mezzmo is now visible and everything works fine for the rest of the evening. However, next evening the Mezzmo server is not visible and he has to do the Restart server process again.

My first thought was weak wifi signal, but that is not the case. I checked with a wifi analyser app on my tablet and the signal at the TV is strong enough. Also, even when Mezzmo is not visible at the TV, the WMP service on his laptop is always showing as available, so it's not due to wifi.

I uninstalled Mezzmo and removed all the Mezzmo rules from the firewall and then reinstalled Mezzmo. I went through the "FAQ: Cannot see Mezzmo on your DLNA device?" All the Firewall and network stuff looks right. In the router I turned off UPnP, even though it had been working fine for months with this enabled. I had turned off the router's inbuilt media server from the beginning. I could not find any place in the router to change IGMP, Jumbo Frames and Multicast settings as the FAQ suggests. There do not appear to have been any updates of the router firmware. In Mezzmo I have also reduced the Server Advertisement Interval to the minimum setting and tried a different port (still in the 50000s), but none of this has helped.

Ok, some hardware details: Win7 32bit PC (a very old Pentium D, 4GB RAM, SSD boot drive & 2TB HDD) running only uTorrent and Mezzmo (and Teamviewer to allow me to manage it from my home). As long as it doesn't have to transcode on the fly it's a solid box. From the PC it's ethernet to the router, a Telstra Technicolour 789. From there it's wifi to the main TV, a Sony W650C Android TV, running Mezzmo Android and VLC Player. There is also WD TV Live Gen3 left over from an earlier TV. In Mezzmo I setup the TV with the VLC profile and the WD with the TV Live SMP profile. The problem occurs on both the TV and the WD box. There is another Sony TV in the house (Bravia 2012 profile) and the problem also occurs on that one. The house also has a couple of Android devices and all devices have IP addresses fixed in the router.

As an aside, I have also noticed on my setup at home (all ethernet) that Mezzmo is always the last server to appear on the list, 1-2 seconds after the others. Could it be something to do with using such a high port number as 53168? Would using a lower port, say in the 30000s, make a difference? And would it help with my friends problem?

Any suggestions?