OK, I think I have figured some things out.

First, the file is not being transcoded. It's an MKV (H.264) and plays directly.

So when I play to the TV using the PC app, it appears to use the TV's internal player rather than the Mezzmo player. In that circumstance, the TV's remote cannot control FF or RW, only pause, play, stop. It's a rather seamless thing so it's not immediately obvious that it's using the TV's video player. But the audio plays correctly. I don't know why, but the TV is listed 3 times in the Play To menu of the PC app.

When I use the Android Mezzmo app on my phone, there are two devices listed. One has an icon that looks like a first gen Chromecast and the other has an icon with the picture of the TV. I assume the chromecast version is the Mezzmo app and player. When using that, the audio is stereo and I can control playback with the TV remote completely. The other device uses the TV's media player and plays the DTS audio but I can only pause, stop or play.

Do you have a recommendation for a different media player that Mezzmo can use so that the audio is played correctly and all of the controls function? Obviously, the less cost, the better, especially when testing things out. Or even a different, full featured media player that can access the Mezzmo server?

I can use the TV's media play to access the Mezzmo server and controls work but FF/RW is quite slow. The interface is also very basic.

Thanks,
Chris