Thread: Show and sort by drive/folders,just like my PC does

Default Show and sort by drive/folders,just like my PC does

Hi Folks.

I'd like to know how to show the folders on each drive (only those containing video,nothing else) scanned by Mezzmo,rather than have it show what to me is a totally meaningless and confusing mass of video playlists,actor,director,top 50 rated etc.

At present I have to wade through seemingly endless lists of files only on the TV,which often takes forever,by which time I've not only lost the will to watch anything,but also verging on losing the will to live

Windows 7 Home Premium,streaming to a Sony KD55A1 TV,which is apparently something to do with Android,which I always thought was simply....hahaha a mobile phone OS. I have one of those,but will only ever use it for calls and the occasional text. I have zero interest in trying to watch a film on something the size of a cigarette packet.

Have you tried creating your own views? I removed basically all of the default views, and I created a few that I find useful.

Quote Originally Posted by joe33067 View Post
    Have you tried creating your own views? I removed basically all of the default views, and I created a few that I find useful.
    Thanks for the suggestion Joe,I'll try that today,and report back later.

I can see why the default folder views are useful and well implemented for many,but I'm a tad old school and prefer to start with a fairly basic interface,then add items as required via a traditional options dialogue.

NB: I didn't realise the voice search could be used on the TV remote for mezzmo files etc.,which has improved matters no end,so I'm not such a grumpy old git this morning....wonders will never cease

Quote Originally Posted by joe33067 View Post
    Joe,you're a star.

I'd been choosing Add/Scan Drive/Folder For Media Files,which seemed logical to me,but of course that doesn't actually retain any sort of familiar folder structure whatsoever in the Mezzmo interface.

I've now chosen Add Folder,which I'd always assumed required every individual folder to be added one at a time,so imagine my surprise when that option gave me the opportunity to add a whole drive,with the structure intact,plus the benefit of filtering out any file types that won't play on my TV,such as .avi,.flv,wmv etc.,all of which I can convert to .mp4 or .mkv using XMedia Recode,or Handbrake for those that won't simply copy as .mp4. Also,everything appears on screen almost instantaneously,and starts playing so much faster now.

A huge thank you again Joe,and big thanks must also go to Peter (Conceiva Staff) for his advice to others,as I suspect your patience must be truly tried at times.