Thread: Mezzmo: Display of existing video thumbnails broke after backup restore on new system

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Exclamation Display of existing video thumbnails broke after backup restore on new system

Hello,

I had to reinstall my Windows 10 a couple days ago and restored my Mezzmo Pro Library via a recent backup created by the app.
    But no video thumbnails of my media library are shown anymore (in the Mezzmo App, as well on any connected DLNA device).
    The only images shown in the Mezzmo App are folder backrounds (...\Artwork\Backdrop).

If I add new video files to the folders the library is scanning, Mezzmo is generating proper file thumbnails as it always did. But existing files are still shown without there previews.
    "Missing" thumbnails are also not getting updated when I visit the folder in the app, where the video file is located, because the thumbnails in fact exist, they simply don't get displayed (...\Artwork\Poster is filled with 10k's of images)

What I have tried so far:
    • Selected delete cover image in some affected file properties, to force generating new ones
    • Started Maintain Library and let it run for 2 days till it sorts of got stuck and only produced TBs of network traffic doing nothing useful (see below)
    • Deleted VideoPreview.dll and Artwork folder, another library maintenance (got stuck at around 4k previews of around 22k files doing nothing for the rest of the day, aborted and restored from backup again)
    • Set access rights of Mezzmo Library folder to user “anyone”
    • Running Mezzmo as windows process (w/o admin credentials)
    • Run Mezzmo App as admin

How can I get the thumbnails of my existing video-files showing up again?

BTW: Why does the maintenance process takes multiple days (back on the old system where all was working, no preview updates selected) when the files are stored on a Synology NAS connected via Gigabit Ethernet?
    Last edited by PixelAviator; 07-06-2018 at 09:52 AM.