Thread: Plex VS Mezzmo?

Default Plex VS Mezzmo?

I have been running my plex server for a while now and have had no issues. I love the thing but what is the fine difference between the two?
    Last edited by Paul; 10-15-2018 at 08:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mackronickson View Post
    I have been running my plex server for a while now and have had no issues. I love the thing but what is the fine difference between the two? Facebook Netflix Skype
    It's been awhile since I looked at Plex but I adopted Mezzmo a few years ago for a few reasons:

#1 - Support from the creator. Conceiva support is the best in ANY business that I have ever come across. They are active with their customers and quick to respond with issues.

#2 - Granular library control. Mezzmo was (is still?) so much more versatile in how I can control my library via categorization, artwork, .nfo files, etc. Plex wasn't in the same league.

#3 - It think Plex has added this, but Mezzmo lets me completely control the transcoding quality to fit the capability of my server and the needs of the destination device.

#4 - Customizable Device Profiles. I can have the most obscure streaming device on the planet but if I can figure out the supported codecs and containers then I can develop a customized device profile for it.

#5 - Parental Controls - They were just better with Mezzmo

Plex was a little easier for the original setup and they have a OTA streaming and DVR system now that Mezzmo lacks but I don't have any desire for that feature. My HDHomerun setup works a little better for that and I was able to add streaming Prime video as well.

Sure, Mezzmo cost $30 initially but that has been a pittance compared to the hours of use I have put on it over the years. Now, I guess, there is a free option anyway.

For me a crucial point ist that Plex does not support the use of ISO, Video_TS, BDMV, or other disk image formats. Mezzmo does.
    Last edited by Wurlitzer; 07-07-2021 at 11:26 PM.