I am brand new to Mezzmo and DLNA type products so my issue could very easily be user error. I am running Mezzmo on a custom built machine running XP. It is a 3.25GHz AMD Phenom II Quad Core with 4GB of RAM. I have it connected (hardwired) to a WRT54G router. I have a Sony BDP-S570 blu-ray player that is also hardwired to the same router (it has built in wireless, but I prefer the wired setup).

The issue I am having comes when I play MP3s ( have not tried movies yet, pictures seem to work ok). There is along delay (about seven seconds) from the time the song is selected on the blu-ray until the time the song actually starts playing. If you are the middle of a song and want to advance to another song, it is another 7 second delay. Even at the end of a song, it will take the same time to go to the next song and start playing. I am guessing this should not be happening. Any idea what the problem might be? I have not ruled out the blu-ray player, but I thought I would start here since I am new to DLNA stuff.

Thanks,