I have a Bravia KDL46-HX800. My pc is Win 7 Core 2 Quad 6700 at 3ghz, 4gb ram. All of the video files I want to watch are on a Windows Home server. We just got the tv so this is my first shot at dlna. Downstairs we have a popcorn hour that streams our movies/videos just fine so I know the network is sound. Everything is hard wired.

I cannot get this dlna stuff to work. After messing around I have been able to change the advanced settings and can get our home videos to play. They are from a Sony HD cam avchd. The default settings shows them as avc and they do not play, But if I change the settings they show up as mp2 and then play fine. I have re-encoded them into a .mpg file at 13mbps so that they play fine on the Linksys dma2100 extenders.
I can also get our Blu-Ray rips m2ts files to play fine as long as the video is h264, if it is VC1 they do not play. We also have a few .wmv slide shows that will not play either.
It seems the encoding is not kicking in. I have put the settings to their lowest level and it makes no changes. If I turn off the encoding option then only the .mpg files show up on the tv. Any ideas?

Thanks
Joe