Quote Originally Posted by Coises View Post
I am confused. I have Mezzmo Pro installed. It says its version is 6.0.6.0. Check for Updates says it is up to date. The website:
http://www.conceiva.com/products/mez...mo_windows.asp
says the version that can be downloaded from there is 6.0.6.0.

When I saw your post, I thought perhaps that was the reason I can no longer fetch metadata for movies with Get Online Video Metadata. There is a thread about that which also makes no sense — it jumped from a straightforward statement of the problem to talking about API keys and a program called Tiny Media Manager, with no explanation about how this applies to the simple way we have always used Mezzmo or what this mysterious API key might be. (Yes, I do know what an API key is. Aren’t the appropriate API keys for accessing online metadata sources compiled into Mezzmo?)

Is there some secret update for Mezzmo that normal people can’t see?
Mezzmo has been releasing patches vs. full updates for some time now. So you need to drop an E-mail to support@conceiva.com to get a patch update to something newer than 6.0.6.0. 6.0.7.22 is the most current patch but, as mentioned here, I expect 6.0.7.23 to be available shortly.

With regards to scraping metadata for movies, the folks at TMDB disabled Mezzmo's API key, which blocks scraping of movie metadata. Music and TV Shows are fine. The 6.0.7.23 release allows you to register your own TMDB API Key, add it to the Mezzmo configuration file and use it with Mezzmo to reenable scraping of movie metadata and artwork.

TMM and the Mezzmo Artwork Checker are two tools which allow you to create NFO files and artwork for movies which Mezzmo can import without the need for a TMDB API key. They aren't quite as convenient as Mezzmo scraping the metadata and artwork directly but they do give you a high degree of control and are an interim solution to the API key issue. Mezzmo has multiple ways to get metadata and artwork. The Internet websites method is what is broken with the API Key issue.

I hope this all makes sense.

Thanks,

Jeff