Hi,

I bought Mezzmo a while back after the trial because it just worked (way better than the Samsung s/ware). It always played pretty much everything smoothly until now. When I say until now, it's been a few months that it's not worked right so not related to the latest update.
For some reason now, anything I try to play just stops/starts, stutters including files that used to play just fine. I used to have trouble with 1080p files, but not always. Sometimes they worked sometimes they didn't. I tried 720p with much better streaming results so stuck to that for the time being. I gave up messing around with it (lost interest) but now I have some time on my hands, I would really like to get this working as it should. I saw a similar post earlier, but his issue turned out to be HDD related. I'm sure mine isn't as I have video files on 3 different drives, one of them is only a couple months old now. Doesn't matter which drive I play off, I still have the same problem.
When playing directly off a USB drive or portable HDD, it works fine.

My current set up is:
Samsung LE40C650
Samsung HT-C5200 (upgraded to the latest firmware yesterday). This is connected via Gig LAN to my PC. My PC is a Quad core Q9400 with 4GB RAM running Win 7 64bit.
Mezzmo 2.3 patched for the "No Files Found" issue.

As I said above, it used to work well and now hasn't done for a while.
I am at my wits end now and I really don't want to go down the road of a home theatre pc (no money )

I would appreciate any help on this

Tia

Brett