I am suffering from reproducible blue screens since a few days when streaming to my Samsung C8790. Streaming to my Pinnacle Media Center 200 still works. I have been using Mezzmo for 6 month now and it worked perfectly in various versions.

Due to the fact that I am creating regular image backups of my C-drive and keep a log of all maintenance actions I could go back to a working state and incrementally progress until I could nail the root cause down to an interference between Mezzmo 2.3.1 and an update of one of the following 3 programs:
Acronis True Image 2011 Update 2 Buld 6857
TuneUp Utililties 2011 10-0-4-200-95
GData Antivirus 2012

I have been using Acronis 2011 and TuneUp 2011 and GData Antivirus 2011 (!!) alongside Mezzmo for many months. So the issue lays in an interference with one of the updates.

My OS is Win7 Prof latest patch level but the patches are not affecting Mezzmo.
I already tried Mezzmo 2.3.2 and had the same blue screens with the above updates installed.

If I would have more time I could continue to nail down but it already consumed excess time to get to this state.

I tried to upload the log files with the latest blue screen when connecting from Samsung C and a successful streaming attempt to the Pinnacle MC200 but most log files were rejected. I have conserved them for you.

Please help.

Best Regards
Bernhard