Hi all,

I tried searching and found several references to what might be similar issues but no solutions. So here goes...

On a lark, I bought a Logitech Revue... the price was right. Since its media player uses streaming vs. file sharing and does not support my Canon HF100 MKV (h.264) files, I have been trying various DLNA servers to see what works. They all have their various issues but Mezzmo comes the closest. In fact, it works great except for one annoying issue. Playing any transcoded file on the Revue for the first time results in no movement of the progress bar in the player and the video stops abruptly after 2-10 seconds (kinda random). If I play the file a second time, it plays perfectly.... the progress bar moves and it plays to the end just fine.

I cannot be sure but I don't think this is strictly a player issue because it plays supported files perfectly with transcoding disabled.

Server machine is Windows 7 x64, plenty of HD space, 3GHz dual core and 4GB RAM. Connection to the Logitech is 1GB hardwired. CPU usage during transcoding is low.... less than 50% and sometimes below 30%. In fact, is that maybe suspiciously low? Simply playing an h.264 file on that machine without hardware acceleration uses more CPU. The video card is an nVidia GT210 with Cuda acceleration.... does Mezzmo use hardware acceleration?

Since subsequent plays are perfect, is this maybe an issue with on the fly transcoding serving up the file before it has transcoded enough? Just a thought.

Yes, a workaround would be to play all files at least once. However, I have a LOT of them and insufficient storage space to transcode them all up front.

Hope I can get it solved before the trial expires..... it works great aside from this, and I have no problem purchasing it.

Any ideas? Anyone else using MKV files successfully with the Revue?

Paul