Thread: Mezzmo 2.6 questions - .VOB file streaming and Playlist

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Mezzmo 2.6 questions - .VOB file streaming and Playlist

I have 2 questions about the upcoming new release, v2.6.

I am currently using v2.5 (in Trial mode) and I have to say that this software is fantastic because of the ability to play .VOB files. I have over 1900 movies that I backed up to external hard drives and each movie is in its own directory with the .VOB files under the VIDEO_TS directory. I am using Sony's SMP-N100 media player (I used to use Warpia - www.warpia.com to watch my movies on my TV).

The only issue I have is that when I'm watching a movie there is a small delay when it switches to the next .VOB file in the sequence. I read somewhere on here a while back that this was being looked at for future releases where it will play the movie seamlessly without the delay. I know some will say to convert or merge to one VOB file but I want to keep the raw .VOB files intact for whatever reason. Is this included in v2.6? If not, is it being looked at?

Having said that, my second question pertains to the custom playlists in Mezzmo. As I explained above, when I get into Mezzmo on the Sony media player and proceed to the Movies directory, all 1900+ movies show up in the directory tree. If I want to watch a movie that that starts with an "S" I have to scroll down quite a bit to get to the movies that start with "S". I tried experimenting and creating "Smart Playlists" that separates the movies by letters, for instance, Mezzmo>Movies>A>all movies that start with A, but can't seem to solve it or for all I now that feature doesn't exist. Is this possible?

Thanks and looking forward to your response. I plan on purchasing the software, BTW.
    Last edited by SilverStar; 04-21-2012 at 09:56 AM.