Hello Everyone,

Thought I had posted these questions the other day but for some reason my post never showed up in the forum so I'm trying again.

Background...I stopped burning discs a few years ago and now all my home movies are on my hard drive. I have five DirecTV boxes with Mediashare and three Sony bluray players (one on each TV in the house) with DLNA. I have found that I like using Mediashare to watch shorter home videos because of the convenience of it (just hit a couple buttons on the DTV remote and don't have to wait for bluray to boot up) but I prefer using my DLNA units for watching actual movies over my home network because of the ability to FF and REW, which Mediashare doesn't seem to be able to do. Started looking for a new server program when the newer version of TVersity wouldn't work with Mediashare and the older version became flaky and unreliable. I'm in the midst of my 15-day trial and have come across a few scenarios/questions and appreciate anyone's feedback:

Pre-transcoding: Why does it seem to be making EIGHT copies of all my files (a separate one for each DirecTV box and each bluray player)? Isn't the program smart enough to know that my DTV boxes are all identical to each other and my bluray players are all identical? Why can't it make one copy for DTV and one for Sony bluray? A separate file for EVERY client? COME ON!

I'm pretty sure my bluray players can play mp4, h.264 and wmv files without transcoding (aren't all bluray players REQUIRED to be able to play those formats?). Why is it pre-transcoding those files, when I have set it up to NOT transcode files that are in a format that is native to my player?

For all of my DTV boxes, Mezzmo is defaulting to 720x480, which is an SD screen size. When I tried to change it to 1280x720, it indicates it has accepted the change, prompts me to restart the server and then I go back to check and it's defaulted back to 720x480. WTH???

For my bluray players I also specified 1280x720 but it seems to be stretching it out and badly distorting the image. Why is it not playing in regular 16x9 format (which is what my home videos were filmed in)?

Someone else posted this recently and I'm having the same problem: I'll be playing a file and it will just stop after 2-3 minutes. Then it will automatically go to the next file and do the same thing.

I was really excited when I read the reviews on Mezzmo and thought it was going to meet my needs. I'm really questioning that now. If someone can help answer these questions I'd appreciate it, otherwise I'd say there's very little chance I'll buy it when my trial is over.