Thread: Evaluating Mezzmo - issues I'd love to see resolved

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Evaluating Mezzmo - issues/limitations I'd love to see resolved

I am currently evaluating Mezzmo as a possible replacement for the other media sharing software I am currently using.

Mezzmo offers the following advantages for me versus my current setup:

• Video thumbnails
    • Easily configurable playlists through a GUI (my current solution requires manually editing XML files)

However these issues are currently what's stopping me from switching, as they far outweight the benefits:

• Active Playlists sort order is useless for Audio - within an album tracks are alphabetically sorted by Title rather than by Track number (using mp3s in this case). Need to have audio track sorted by Track number, or by a field chosen by the user.
    • The content of all sub-folders are shown, mixed with the folder list. So if you have an artist with 10 albums, when you enter the artist's folder, those 10 albums will be listed, mixed amongst 100+ tracks - makes it nearly impossible to navigate to select a given album. I saw a post from 2008 on this issue - any chance the option to hide the content of the sub-folders could be implemented? At the very least, show the albums at the top, and the content of all sub-folders at the bottom. This seems to be more troublesome when using Active Playlists.

For reference, my network consists of a Windows 7 PC running on an Intel Core2Duo E8400, and a Sony Playstation 3, connected over 100 Mbits Ethernet.

Thank you
    Last edited by RMerlin; 03-14-2010 at 07:04 PM.