Thread: Possible new user questions

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Possible new user questions

Hello. I'm Samsung B653 LCD TV user, with DLNA support.

http://www.samsung.com/pl/consumer/t...ail&returnurl=

This is quite popular model, well all 6,7 and 8 series are popular. Unfortunally, orginal software from Samsung for DLNA (Samsung Share Manager) have more flaws than cons. This is why I'm here. After some testing free and commercial DLNA software, I decided that Mezzmo is the best of it. And it is the most comaptible alternative software for my TV. I would like to buy Mezzmo, but few things are stoppers for me. Here they are:

- As I mention, my TV is quite popular model with DLNA support. But this model is not recognized in Mezzmo. Mezzmo sees my TV only as "Unknown Device".
    - No SRT subtitles support, this is huge stopper. You mention that you would like to include such a support, but that declarations was made in 2009, so long time ago. When this support will be actually added? (and don't forget of unicode support)
    - And last but not least, there is no Fast Forward support for MKV files. There is no FF even in Share Manager from Samsung, but FF is possible (Samy Go Extensions can do that), so my question is - can you add support for FF?

There are few more things like... I switched transcoding off. Mainly becasue I just play MKV files in 1080p mode, and I don't want to loss any of picture quality. If you add SRT or FF support to Mezzmo, are those functions will still work with transcoding switched off? If subtitles are not possible with transcoding off, I just want to say, that my TV have native SRT support, and it even works with DLNA and Samsung Share Manager, but not with Mezzmo. Why?

Thanks for any reply. And I'm sorry for my poor English, I'm foreigner.
    Last edited by Oconnel; 05-16-2010 at 05:07 AM.