I am on my second day of trial. This is one of several issues I would like to get resolved before I buy it, which hope to do . I read the FAQ about adding credentials but it doesn't address my problem.

I have a network file server that has protected shares (requiring passwords) and open shares (i.e., they are shared with EVERYONE, R/W privilege). I Mezzmo does not export the SMB shares to my DLNA devices. The FAQ says to give account and password credentials on the SMB server for the Mezzmo to use for login. The point is, there IS no login for the open files. They do not require password access. I have an account and password on that machine, of course, but I certainly don't want to give Mezzmo's service that administrative account and password. This would negate the security that is set up on the file server.

Windows has some strange ways about how it handles anonymous or guest users. There are some requirements about encrypted/decrypted passwords, whether the account is "GUEST" or "ANONYMOUS", etc. There are a lot of factors which I have to relearn whenever i want to understand it, but shouldn't Mezzmo be able to access the wide-open shares on that server?
Thanks,
Dean