Hi All,

My first post here.

I've just started experimenting with DLNA. Relevant equipment is a Sony KDL-40HX700, a Topfield 2400 PVR (which is producing the video files) and a Sony BDP-S370.

I'm recording free to air TV with the inbuilt tuners in the Topfield, FTP'ing the mpegs to a PC and attempting to stream them to either of the Sonys. Have had some limited success with a free DLNA server via which the TV would play some of the files. I haven't had any time to do any serious config with the free server, so I thought I'd install a trial version of Mezzmo and see if it worked out of the box.

Unfortunately, the TV won't play any of the files served by Mezzmo. It connects to the server and displays all the mpegs but just reports "Playback not available". It also reports incorrect durations for the programs - showing around 10 hours for a 1 hour program. The Mezzmo console also shows the same (incorrect) durations.

All of the files will play on VLC Player and VideoRedo will play and edit them as well.

Australia broadcasts DVB-T and I "think" I remember that VideoRedo reported the files as MPEG_TS_SD_EU. The DLNA certificate for the Sony includes that format and it appears in the SonyBraviaKDL.prf profile. I have read that the Topfield doesn't modify the transport streams as it records them (but perhaps that's not the case).

That's as far as I've got so far. Hopefully I'll finally get some time over the weekend to get my head around the formats and protocols and see if I can get one of the servers to talk to the Sony. I assume that it's just a configuration issue and needs some time and effort on my part to solve.

I was wondering if anyone has solved this particular combination of PVR/files/TV yet and can point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
Paul.