I subscribe to a paid-for service called Digital Theatre which lets me 'rent' (and view on-line, streamed) or purchase and download to my PC filmed performances of live theatre.
I can watch these on my Windows 7 computer. However, the downloaded MP4 files will play only (presumably because of copy protection) with Digital Theatre's dedicated (Adobe-Air-based) player, and require you to be on-line (presumably so it can check your account credentials). The files will not play in Windows Media Player.

I want to watch these videos on my Panasonic Viera Smart TV. Digital Theatre have an 'app' to do this, but it is only available for Samsung, not for Panasonic TVs. I can play ordinary videos in WMP and tell it to 'Play To' my TV. I can watch what is showing on the Viera TV on my computer. I have installed Mezzmo and the TV sees the Mezzmo server and can connect to it. I added the DigitalTheatre folder (with the MP4 file) to my Mezzmo library. I could see the file and Mezzmo recognised the title of the play it contains, but could not play it. There is no way I can find to play the files in the DigitalTheatre player dedicated player and direct the output to anywhere other than my computer screen. I cannot drag anything from the DigitalTheatre player to the Mezzmo library or window.

Is it possible to watch the Digital Theatre files on the TV and, if so, what do I need to to to enable that? I assume the difficulty is down to proprietary file formats and/or copy protection?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.