Four years ago I ripped about a few of my blu ray movies to use with Mezzmo. The wireless connection to my blu ray player couldn't handle the stream, so I ended up not using Mezzmo because the movies were either too choppy or the resolution too blurry. I gave up on that project.

Since then, I have upgraded my home network to 1GB and ran CAT6 to both of my blu ray players. In the last few weeks I've ripped at least 100 Blu rays from my collection to MP4 so that my kids could watch them on their android tablets. After viewing the Mezzmo server via Android, I decided to revisit this project. This week, I am moving Mezzmo to a slightly newer PC with a faster processor in the hopes I will be able to get movies across the network to my blu ray players at full resolution.

I have about 500 blu ray movies, about 900 DVD movies, and at least 50 complete TV show collections in both formats which can have a lot of media. For example, I have Battlestar Galactica on Blu ray - five seasons with 21 discs.

What is the best "workflow" and ripping software to get where I want to go?

I ask about the ripping software because the software I used (Open Blu Ray Ripper) doesn't seem to have gotten updates since early 2015, and failed to rip most of my newer blu ray movies when I was trying to make them available for my kids android devices.