Long time Mezzmo Pro user (5+ years) and recently upgraded to 5.0.4 and then to 5.0.5. Since the upgrade the app has been basically unusable. Constant service crashes. 95% of the time when the service is running my media devices (LG TV, Amazon Firestick, Oppo Blu-Ray) are unable to access the application.

During times the service is running I have confirmed through netstat that the application is listening (default tcp port) and my server definitely has network connectivity it is either not accepting connections or the tcp connections is in a time_wait state.

The thing only that has changed with my setup is the change from 4.x Mezzmo to 5.0.x. I have experimented with changing the announce time of the app from the default of 30 minutes to various times such as 300 seconds, 60 seconds, etc, but this has not yield any change.

Immediately after restarting the service my devices can regain access to the app and browse my database, but attempting to stream media (any media including that which doesn't require transcoding such as .mkv) it is constantly buffering.

I've did enabled logging today and can provide those logs.

Info:

Mezzmo 5.0.5 running as a Windows service
Window 7 64bit - all latest patches
All devices except Amazon firestick (*Mezzmo app installed) using wired GB LAN
No network connectivity issues
Running 4.x I had no issues.