Thread: How do I force the Mezzmo Kodi-plugin to build itself into the Kodi DB?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'll answer what I can.

1. In the addon settings disable sync by setting to Off..
    2. Answered in previous post. Peter may be able to lend more insight.
    3. This is the dynamic nature of Mezzmo. I stop it by adding a folder.jpg file in my TV series folders. You can also go into the folder / playlist properties and do a change poster--> add picture to a local file and Mezzmo will no longer do anything dynamic.
    4. I'll need a little more info here. How are you trying to view them on the client (in the addon or in Kodi natively ) ?
    5. Peter can answer this but I believe it is related to the actor active playlist. I believe deleting it and running maintenance will delete them and stop them from being added.
    6. I answered this in the prior E-mail. Run maintenance against the series with Internet enabled and overwrite everything. That is the cleanest form of adding things to your library.

As for Kodi importing, Mezzmo tries with the NFO files but unfortunately there is so much customization often done in Kodi it is difficult. Peter may be able to provide more perspective.

Jeff
    Thanks for the info.

1. Which one exactly? Settings > Content Control > Auto Background Sync? Or is it Mezzmo Backroung Sync? Or is it the switches above, like "Kodi DB actor information copy" + "Add TV Episodes to Kodi DB"?

2. Will check tomorrow, maybe wait what Peter says.

3. Is there a way to completely disable dynamic? Because all was fine as it was.. I mean do I really have to change hundreds of Season thumbnails for dozens of Series, just to prevent them from changing dynamically? I really hope it can be simply switched off..

4. I don't use Kodi natively anymore. I followed your advice and only use the Mezzmo addon.

5. Yes, waiting for Peter, because I am curious what the purpose of that is in the first place. Maybe it is some useful feature, but I don't see what, and probably won't need it.

6. Actually I will scan everything from scratch, and don't use the Kodi export anymore. But I will think about that again tomorrow.

Btw. Peter, I hope you read this, because you can just begin to read from post 21 beginning, because this is what is current and these are more clear questions than the chaos of my previous posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Undertaker555 View Post
    Thanks for the info.

1. Which one exactly? Settings > Content Control > Auto Background Sync? Or is it Mezzmo Backroung Sync? Or is it the switches above, like "Kodi DB actor information copy" + "Add TV Episodes to Kodi DB"?

2. Will check tomorrow, maybe wait what Peter says.

3. Is there a way to completely disable dynamic? Because all was fine as it was.. I mean do I really have to change hundreds of Season thumbnails for dozens of Series, just to prevent them from changing dynamically? I really hope it can be simply switched off..

4. I don't use Kodi natively anymore. I followed your advice and only use the Mezzmo addon.

5. Yes, waiting for Peter, because I am curious what the purpose of that is in the first place. Maybe it is some useful feature, but I don't see what, and probably won't need it.

6. Actually I will scan everything from scratch, and don't use the Kodi export anymore. But I will think about that again tomorrow.

Btw. Peter, I hope you read this, because you can just begin to read from post 21 beginning, because this is what is current and these are more clear questions than the chaos of my previous posts.
    Question 1. Here's the settings link. There are 5 controls for sync.

Kodi DB actor information copy - set off to disable real time updates
    Add TV Episodes to Kodi DB - set off to detect TV shows during real time update
    Kodi DB Change detection - Set off to detect real time changes
    Mezzmo Background Sync - Set off to disable background sync process
    Automatic background Sync - Set off to disable auto sync updates

So basically disable / set to off these 5 settings and the addon will not make any updates real time or via the background sync to your Kodi database.

I know you said you will be using the Mezzmo Kodi addon so I added one more Wiki page on how to use it with favorites. Basically you can make any folder or playlist a favorite and launch it from Kodi., The favorite will pass the playlist name to the addon. I prefer the autostart approach and stay in the addon but some folks like to just launch certain playlists from their Kodi skin. The goal is to try and be as flexible as possible.

Jeff