Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Mezzmo Kodi Addon Update

Jeff,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, it'll be better to disable the confirmation. What would be even better is to have the option to mark it watched or unwatched.
    to be clear, I'd like both options to be there at all times. The way it is now, the option depends on the amount of time the show has been watched (or unwatched).

This way the user can select either watched or unwatched without going through any additional steps.

Marking a whole season would be nice, but not that important. I can also go into Mezzmo and do this.
    I'm just lazy sometimes.

To answer you question. My TV and Sitcoms layouts are: Show>Season>Episode

Thanks again for your effort.

Ron
    Mezzmo 6.0.7.0 - Mezzmo Kodi Matrix Plugin 2.1.7.7.
    Nvidia Shield 2017
    Windows 10 - Intel 6 core i5 - 24GB Ram - 129TB Storage

Quote Originally Posted by RonB View Post
    Jeff,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, it'll be better to disable the confirmation. What would be even better is to have the option to mark it watched or unwatched.
    to be clear, I'd like both options to be there at all times. The way it is now, the option depends on the amount of time the show has been watched (or unwatched).

This way the user can select either watched or unwatched without going through any additional steps.

Marking a whole season would be nice, but not that important. I can also go into Mezzmo and do this.
    I'm just lazy sometimes.

To answer you question. My TV and Sitcoms layouts are: Show>Season>Episode

Thanks again for your effort.

Ron

Ron,

I am not quite following comment about having both watched and unwatched at the same time. The addon looks at the playcount value to determine whether to present the watched (playcount = 0) or mark unwatched option (playcount > 0). An item can't be both. There is a bookmark flag which appears in Kodi that occurs when a file has been played but not to the end. I added a Mezzmo clear bookmark menu option to be able to clear that flag. It wasn't in the older 2.1.6.2 code you were using but is there now beginning with version 2.1.7.3. This gives you the option of clearing the bookmark, setting the watched or clearing the watched status. Note that if you set an item to unwatched or unwatched the addon automatically clears the bookmark too. But if you just clear the bookmark the watched status does not change.

If you can try the 2.1.7.7 code and let me know specifically what you'd like to see changed, I'll see what I can do. I'll add the ability to disable confirmations for changing bookmark and watched statuses in the next release of code.

Thanks,

Jeff
    Last edited by jbinkley60; 02-16-2023 at 05:52 AM.

Jeff,

I like to keep my shows and movies as either watched or unwatched. For me it makes things a little cleaner looking.
    I'm not a fan of the "in progress" indicator that shows up if I don't let the show play until the end (or if I just watch a few minutes).

I try to explain further. I'm not sure if it's Kodi or Mezzmo that determines (based on how much of the show is watched) if it'll
    show "Mark unwatched" or show "Mark watched" This can be annoying, as the choice is determined by the software.

So if I want to mark it "Watched", and the option shown is "Mark unwatched", I have to select "Mark Unwatched", and then
    the "Mark Watched" will then be the option I wanted in the first place.

I hope that clears it up. I understand that having both options available may not be possible.

I tried 2.1.7.7 (BTW my sig is outdated, I was Running 2.1.7.5) and tried "clear bookmark" but saw no change in the watched status either way.

Thanks for making the option to skip the conformation, this'll help.

Cheers,
    Ron
    Nvidia Shield 2017

Jeff,

I like to keep my shows and movies as either watched or unwatched. For me it makes things a little cleaner looking.
    I'm not a fan of the "in progress" indicator that shows up if I don't let the show play until the end (or if I just watch a few minutes).

I try to explain further. I'm not sure if it's Kodi or Mezzmo that determines (based on how much of the show is watched) if it'll
    show "Mark unwatched" or show "Mark watched" This can be annoying, as the choice is determined by the software.

So if I want to mark it "Watched", and the option shown is "Mark unwatched", I have to select "Mark Unwatched", and then

I hope that clears it up. I understand that having both options available may not be possible.

I tried 2.1.7.7 (BTW my sig is outdated, I was Running 2.1.7.5) and tried "clear bookmark" but saw no change in the watched status either way.

Cheers,
    Ron

Ron,

Ok. I understand now. To answer your question the playcount flag in Kodi is determined by Mezzmo and the server setting Increment Play Count after streaming percentage of file. It is under Tools--> Options --> streaming. I set mine at 60%. The Addon transfers this to Kodi which then sets the flags you see in the Kodi skin.

With 2.1.7.7 you shouldn't have the confirmation dialogs but everything else should work the same. The Clear Bookmark should get rid of the partial play indicator and leave you with a played flag. I think there may be something going on where the Kodi container update isn't working properly on all platforms / versions of Kodi. I am doing some testing and I am seeing things work properly on Kodi 20 running on Windows and Kodi 18.9 running on LibreElec/Linux but Kodi 19.5 running on LibreElec / Linux isn't working properly.

Here's a quick test to see if you are seeing the same issue:

1. Get a file to the point where the context menu option is Mark Unwatched (playcount is greater than 0)
    2. Then play the file for 30 seconds and stop it. You should see the bookmark indicator.
    3. Then do a Clear Bookmark and see if the bookmark indicator is still displayed
    4. Then do a Refresh in the context menu and see if the bookmark indicator is gone

If the last step causes things to display right, please try enabling Kodi Native Skin Updates in the Native Mode tab of the addon settings and let me know if the bookmark flag updates properly without the manual Refresh. If so, I have found the issue. I am forcing the display to refresh when updating the playcount but not on clearing the bookmark. I've already tested a fix for this.

Let me know you find. Also what version of Kodi are you running ?

Thanks,

Jeff
    Last edited by jbinkley60; 02-16-2023 at 10:04 AM.

Jeff,

Cheers,
    Ron

Ron,

I've created a v2.1.7.8a test release if you want to install it and let me know how it works.

version 2.1.7.8a

It has 3 changes. It fixes the issue with the clear bookmark changes not displaying automatically when you do a clear bookmark. It now has Kodi do a refresh like with watched / unwatched status changes. I moved the Clear Bookmark option under the Mark watched / unwatched menu item to minimize clicks. I added an option to disable context menu confirmations. This is under the Content Control tab in the addon settings.

Thanks,

Jeff
    Last edited by jbinkley60; 02-17-2023 at 08:12 PM.

Jeff,

Tested, and works great.

Version 2.1.7.7 bookmark feature did work, but did not refresh unless I backed out, and went back to the folder.

Thanks for the updates,

Ron
    Nvidia Shield 2017

Jeff,

Tested, and works great.

Version 2.1.7.7 bookmark feature did work, but did not refresh unless I backed out, and went back to the folder.

Thanks for the updates,

Ron
    Ron,

Thanks for confirming and finding the refresh issue. I'll release 1.1.7.9 / 2.1.7.9 in the next day or so which will have these updates.

Jeff

An updated version of the Mezzmo Kodi addon for both Kodi v18 (v1.1.7.9) and
    Kodi v19+ (v2.1.7.9) have been posted on GitHub. These versions contain a minor
    bug fix for automatically refreshing the GUI listing when clearing a bookmark and
    adds the ability to disable confirmation dialogs added in versions 1.1.7.6/2.1.7.6.

*** Important Note ***

Support for Kodi 17 and below will likely be stopped in the very near future for new
    releases and fixes. If you are running Kodi 17 the Mezzmo Kodi addon will continue
    to function but new features and fixes will cease and you will need to disable
    automatic updates. Kodi 18 full support will continue. This change may occur in
    the next release.

v1.1.7.9 Kodi 18

• Fixed minor bug where Kodi container not updating automatically in GUI mode
    when clearing bookmarks requiring manual Refresh to see new bookmark status.
    • Added option setting to disable context confirmation dialog feature added
    in v1.1.7.6.

v2.1.7.9 Kodi 19+

• Fixed minor bug where Kodi container not updating automatically in GUI mode
    when clearing bookmarks requiring manual Refresh to see new bookmark status.
    • Added option setting to disable context confirmation dialog feature added
    in v2.1.7.6.

If you have version 1.1.4.4 or 2.1.4.4 installed (or higher) and automatic updates
    are enabled this update will be automatic over the next 24 hrs. Otherwise please
    use the links below for manual installation.

There are separate links for the Kodi 18 and Kodi 19 versions. The Kodi 19 version is based upon the
    latest Kodi 18 v1.1.7.9 code.

Kodi 18 link

Kodi 19+ link

Click on the download source as a zip option and then to add it to Kodi by using the install from zip file option.

Feedback and feature requests are always welcome. I would like to understand how many of you use
    the addon to play music from Mezzmo ? This could help guide future feature development.

Thanks,

Jeff

Visit the Mezzmo Kodi addon Wiki for the latest

An updated version of the Mezzmo Kodi addon for both Kodi v18 (v1.1.8.0) and
    Kodi v19+ (v2.1.8.0) have been posted on GitHub. These versions contain a minor
    bug fix and add a new feature to the builtin automatic slideshow image / photo
    viewer. You can now select a single or continuous looping slideshow mode.

*** Important Note ***

Support for Kodi 17 and below will likely be stopped in the very near future for new
    releases and fixes. If you are running Kodi 17 the Mezzmo Kodi addon will continue
    to function but new features and fixes will cease and you will need to disable
    automatic updates. Kodi 18 full support will continue. This change may occur in
    the next release.

v1.1.8.0 Kodi 18

• Added menu option for an automatic continuous picture slideshow which will
    play in a loop until stopped. This feature will support up to 1,000 images in
    a slideshow.

v2.1.8.0 Kodi 19+

• Fixed minor bug which caused the Kodi database progress dialog box to appear
    for a couple of seconds during the daily sync process vs. only appearing during
    a manual Mezzmo to Kodi full resync / clean.
    • Added menu option for an automatic continuous picture slideshow which will
    play in a loop until stopped. This feature will support up to 1,000 images in
    a slideshow.

If you have version 1.1.4.4 or 2.1.4.4 installed (or higher) and automatic updates
    are enabled this update will be automatic over the next 24 hrs. Otherwise please
    use the links below for manual installation.

There are separate links for the Kodi 18 and Kodi 19 versions. The Kodi 19 version is based upon the
    latest Kodi 18 v1.1.8.0 code.

Kodi 18 link

Kodi 19+ link

Click on the download source as a zip option and then to add it to Kodi by using the install from zip file option.

Feedback and feature requests are always welcome. I would like to understand how many of you use
    the addon to play music from Mezzmo ? This could help guide future feature development.

Thanks,

Jeff

Visit the Mezzmo Kodi addon Wiki for the latest

Hi John, A feature request...

Is it possible to create a 'Manual Slide Show' option. ie to be able to select a folder and display the individual images, in order, but without the built in timing options? A purely manual slideshow, each image displayed until the user presses enter or right arrow etc. Left arrow key would reverse the sequence one by one. A smooth transition effect would be a bonus. I have noticed that sometimes the transition from one image to the next produces a momentary corrupt image, although very briefly it still disrupts ones viewing experience.

Just a suggestion.

Thanks

Ian