Has anyone had success transcoding video files to a Samsung BD-D5700 Blu-ray player? I've tried just about every profile in Mezzmo and the only one that seems to work is the profile for Playstation 3, but it has intermittent problems (plays sometimes, sometimes it doesn't, navigation hangs, etc.). I was able to play a .rmvb file on the Samsung D5700 using the Playstation 3 profile, so I know transcoding is works (Samsung doesn't support Real Media). I have the latest Samsung firmware to date and I'm running a full paid version of Mezzmo on an i7 990 (6 core) Intel processor, 24GB of memory, 8TB of disk space (7200 RPM), Windows 7 (64 bit) on a gigabit network. I can transcode HD quality perfectly fine to my Samsung TV, Samsung BD-C7500, Xbox 360, iPhone, Android and WD TV Live.....but this stupid Samsung D5700 just doesn't want to accept 'transcoded' files!
If I stream files to the Samsung from Windows Media Center, it works fine, but Windows Media Center doesn't support .mkv and .rmvb files by default (it will work with a hack/workaround). Windows Media Center isn't capable of transcoding, so I don't want to use it.
I also own a paid Pro Version of TVersity and I built a profile for the Samsung BD-D5700, but transcoding doesn't seem to work well either. I'm transcoding the files to a supported codec according to Samsung's product documentation.
MediaTomb on Ubuntu Linux streams MPEG4 files perfectly to the Samsung BD-D5700.
When I run debugging in other media servers or do a packet capture, the device is presenting itself to the media server as D5700.
Any tips or suggestions will help. Thanks!