Hi All,

I have been trying out Mezzmo with a view to replace my current streaming solution. I have now moved over to a Windows environment so not retricted to Linux anymore so my choice has widened. I am currently using Twonky on my NAS box but after trying out Mezzmo, it is a fantastic piece of software, especially where transcoding is concerned.

However, there are a couple of things that I am unable to do that I currently do with my current solution. I was wondering if they were possible with Mezzmo. If they are, then Mezzmo is my perfect solution.

First of all, how do you add in network shares to the library. When adding a folder to the library, all it gives me is a view of my drives with no place to enter a UNC path. For example, I need to enter something like \\10.30.25.250\share\Videos as all the files are stored on my NAS box, Currently to test Mezzmo, I have copied a few hundred movies and albums to my local hard drive as that seems to be all it sees. Incidently, my NAS library contains nearly 3000 videos and 10000 music tracks.

Secondly, I successfully managed to create a rolodex style index for all my movie titles and all my music track titles but I want to do the same sort of list for things like album and artist. I followed a tutorial on here but it doesn't seem to achieve what I need. What I am trying to do is create a playlist called 'Artists' that when clicked on gives a list of playlists labeled A-Z. Then when I click on, for example, K it provides a list of all the artist names that begin with K. Then when I click on an Artist in that list it shows all the tracks associated with that artist. I also need to do the same with Albums. It works perfectly with movie titles and music track titles but Artist and Album are a different kind of playlist so you cannot seem to replicate the same sort of functionality.

Unfortunately, I have to do things this way because of the number of files. None of my DLNA devices can show all the files at once as they run out of buffer space. If I just have an alphabetical list of all Artists then try and view them on any of my streaming devices then I can only scroll down to artists beginning with J before the buffer space runs out so I need to subdivide into an alphabetical list by the first letter.

Lets say I wanted to list all the tracks by artists Depeche Mode for example. I would need to click on a playlist called Artist, then click on a sub-playlist called D and then all the artists beginning with D would be displayed. I would then scroll and click on Depeche Mode and all the tracks by Depeche Mode would be displayed. This would be the same functionality for Albums as well.

Is there a way of achieving this?