Thread: Playing subtitles embedded in mkv and selection of audio

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Hi Dennis,

Thanks for the reply and am happy to report that subtitles are indeed working with Mezzimo and my BD-C6900 Samsung bluray player using the Samsung BDP-3D profile under the 'media devices' tab.

I am not sure why it is suddenly working now except that before I enabled logging I moved the original .m2ts video file and .srt file to a new location, re-named the directory and re-added it to the Mezzimo play list. That forced the video to be re-encoded by Mezzimo and VOILA subtitles worked! I now have the 'subtitles' menu on the C6900's tools remote button too!

Previously, I had tried adding the subtitles .srt file to the folder that already contained the transcoded version of the .m2ts video file and even though I had deleted the original playlist reference and re-added the folder with the transcoded and .srt files to the Mezzimo play list, the subtitles still wouldn't work.

So my remaining question is, does the video have to be transcoded by Mezzimo to see the subtitles? I'm still not sure why it's working now, but very happy about it either way !

PS: YEAAAAAH, IT WORKS!!!!
    Last edited by Jabber; 10-17-2011 at 05:00 PM.