Hello,

I recently picked up a WD TV Live Streaming Player and noticed a problem with FF/REW at 8x and 16x speeds with MKV files. This problem only occurs while playing back video files using Mezzmo; playing back the same video files via USB or a network share does not exhibit this problem.

The issue is that when fast-forwarding / rewinding at these speeds, the video being displayed does not keep up with the time elapsed. For example, when I fast forward through the opening credits of a TV show, and then I hit Play after I see that the credits have ended, it turns out I'm a couple of minutes past the credits and well into the program itself.

I've tried all 5 of Mezzmo's WD TV device profiles, but the same issue occurs on each. I've also recently updated the WD TV's firmware but this didn't fix the issue. I completely reinstalled Mezzmo (recreating my database from scratch) but the problem persists.

I also own an original WD TV Live (Gen 1), and it doesn't exhibit this problem.

It appears that the "WD TV Live Streaming Media Player" device profile may need to be tweaked? Let me know if you need a set of logs from me.

Thanks,
Visor