Greetings!

I took the plunge and decided to try the new Syabas (Popcorn Hour) devices introduced last year (2011) which are called PopBox 3D & PopBox V8. I bought the 3D version and it has been updated with the latest firmware (released early Dec 2011). The device saw Mezzmo exactly 1 time and nevermore.

Mezzmo sees the device but sees it either as a Generic Device, a plain old Popcorn Hour and once as a Popcorn Hour A110.

Syabas, or should I say the PopBox dev crew is scrambling all over the place to get this thing working stable, but I think it will be some time before they get the GUI and several other things to be at least on par with the regular Popcorn Hour devices.

It works just fine with a USB HD and even with a network share, although rather complicated in the way you must make it "see" the content before it will allow you to play it. It appears to work similar to a WDTV in that it needs to "inventory" the files before playing.

I'm hoping that a Mezzmo profile can be generated for these devices as they are about half the cost of a current Popcorn Hour and seem to work fine IF you could use it reliably with a DLNA server.

Thanks!