I have my video files structured in a folder hierarchy that I prefer to use when selecting media to play. Everything was fine, at least up until installing the latest version (3.4.2) but I can't swear it started exactly with that update or slightly later. But what's happening is at some levels within my folder structure I'll be missing folders and the list will suddenly be in a strange order. And I suppose somewhat stranger is how I'll first see it display correctly, then flash to the bad order, then flash to correct display, and then back to the bad order and then it stays there. It happens in a number of folders. I'll even sometimes see it show some of the missing folders at the next level as if they were subfolders of the folder where they should be shown (and where they physically exist on the volume).

There's nothing different about any security settings. Nothing displays wrong in the Mezzmo program, but on the device, it's now always messed up going through Folder view.

I really don't want to regenerate my database (again), as I end up losing play count/last played time. And this is just Folder view; maybe the database has the metadata for files, but is it using the database to structure the hierarchy of folders it displays on the device? (I'm using a Sony PS3).