I've been using Mezzmo for months without issue, but since the recent update I've encountered several problems, not the least of which has been regular crashes on the PC when I change settings (I have emailed these logs twice).

But an issue I've been having lately involves playing films with an aspect ratio wider than 16:9. For instance, if I play a 2.35:1 aspect ratio film using the "Panasonic Viera 2013 models" profile (correct for this television), the image will fill the screen and appear vertically stretched. But if I change to "Panasonic Viera 2011 models adjusted aspect ratio", the film plays in the correct 2.35:1 aspect ratio, complete with black bars top and bottom.

This would be fine except when watching something with a 4:3 ratio, transcoding is very slow, say 24fps, which obviously means it becomes unwatchable within seconds. But switching back to the 2013 models profile, transcoding happens at a good 200-500fps.

Another issue is that before the update, I used to be able to select embedded subtitles from my television - but now, there are no subtitles listed on any file. I know they're there, because if I force Mezzmo to burn subtitles onto the video, they appear.

What is going on? Can I just download whatever version I was using up until a week or two ago and forget this new version?